- the study of complex natural systems using molecular biology and/or mass spectrometric techniques aimed and analyzing a pool of biomolecules such as:
•Metabolites (Metabolomics) [targeted/untargeted]
- Characterization of the dissolved and particulate lipid pool in culture, mesocosm experiments, and in situ.
- High resolution accurate mass (HRAM) mass spectrometry paired with Ultra High Performance Liquid Chromatography.
- Bioinformatic pipeline utilizing CAMERA and LOBSTAHS
- Meta-genomics and meta-transcriptomics utilized to better understand community composition and microbial metabolism of natural populations, as well as, test hypotheses from lipidomic results